Thanks for celebrating International Compost Awareness Week (virtually) with us!
In case you missed some of our featured content, here were some of our favorites from last week:
- Vermicomposting how-to video featuring Dr. Shana Weber, Director of PU’s Office of Sustainability
- Composting facts by Lazarena Lazarova ’21
- Food scraps collection & drop-off @ Lakeside Graduate Housing. For more information on how to participate, contact the Graduate Student Composting Initiative at StudentCompostingInitiative@Princeton.EDU
- Recommend film: Wasted! The Story of Food Waste (2017)
- Take Action! Learn how to reduce food waste when grocery shopping and storing food at home, or by donating excess food
- And before you compost your vegetable scrapings, did you know you can re-grow many vegetables from scraps?
- Learn more about the basics of composting, its connection to climate, and more through free resources from the Institute for Local Self-Reliance.