The ComPOSTer: Meet the New Team Members!

In 2020 we are excited to welcome three new student assistants to our team. Get to know them below!

Name: Milan Eldridge ’20
Major:  Art & Archaeology 
Hometown:  Dayton, Ohio / Louisville, Kentucky 
Why I was interested in assisting: I have really enjoyed being involved in Pink House [Forbes College’s residential social sustainability living community] what I could do to personally be more sustainable. Among many things, this led me to become more interested in composting on a larger scale and I wanted to help convert our campus’s food waste into a useful material. I am excited to help make our university more environmentally friendly while meeting like-minded peers!

Name: Roy Kim ’22
Major: Anthropology
Hometown: New York City
Why I was interested in assisting: I wanted to help steward the incredible resource of food scraps that we have on campus by turning it to beautiful compost. 

Name  Reese Knopp ’23
Major:  Mechanical Engineering
Hometown:  Northport, NY
Why I was interested in assisting: I’ve always been interested in environmentalism and sustainability, so the S.C.R.A.P. lab has provided me with a great opportunity to participate in practical efforts that make a difference on campus, while also learning a lot about food waste mitigation and composting practices. 

Data: 1/31 – 2/13

The data table now includes a column for POST-CONSUMER material as we continue our effort to collect and compost consumer plate scrapings and compostable serviceware from the food gallery in Frist Campus Center.